A COLE WORL': No hurricane? How Jamaica bless so?

September 20, 2017
Damaged buildings and fallen trees litter downtown Marigot on the island of St Martin after the passing of Hurricane Irma on Saturday, September 9. On the Dutch side of St Marteen, an estimated 70 per cent of the homes were destroyed by Irma, according to the Dutch government.

With all the devastation that has taken place so far this hurricane season, what are your plans for the rest of the year? Look how God good doah, yuh see how Him spare Jamaica?

Not that He hasn't spared any other Caribbean country, but so far where Jamaica is concerned, not even a sheet a zinc nuh blow offa nuhbaddy house top and more than 12 hurricane form and past arreddy.

Somewhere in all a wha gwaan I believe the fact that we are a praying nation, must have had sup'm to do with that. Don't?

Most other Caribbean islands are affected, a we alone stan up trang same way.

I don't know enuh, but I plan to put some blocks and big stones on top of my roof, move the bed away from the window, buy a roll a masking tape, debush outside, trim up the trees and buy two tins of Enfamil for the twins.

I don't believe Jamaicans are really prepared for any kind of hurricane or serious natural disaster that I see other islands are experiencing, even as resilient as we are as a people, I just think it would be too devastating right now, but for now I like the recovery works and initiatives I see going on.

We are truly our brothers keeper. You know, looking on and seeing varying types of disasters taking place worldwide, it's now more than ever we ought to be 'All for One and One for All'.

Pray for each other, help each other, assist in whatever way each of us can.