Rihanna reggae/dancehall album still in the works

by

September 17, 2018
Rihanna

Bajan pop princess Rihanna says her new reggae and dancehall album is almost here.

The eight-time Grammy Award-winning singer gave fans an update on her highly anticipated compilation last week after a fan reached out, lamenting over the length of time she was taking to release some new music. Rihanna tweeted that she is still working on the album, but said she has other projects as well.

"I'm doing music. Simultaneously doing lingerie, make-up, film, amongst a couple other things that I enjoy," she tweeted. "When the music is ready, you won't have to ask for it. But it's coming. Just not today sis. I'm hype too though, it can't came soon enough."

Rihanna has reportedly been working on a reggae/dancehall album for more than a year now. In July, Rolling Stone revealed that Rihanna's new album will see her working with some of the biggest names in dancehall and reggae. According to various reports from the international media, a huge number of Jamaican artistes and producers have submitted projects for the Bajan beauty's consideration.

Rihanna has been known to dabble in reggae, as several of her tracks over the years have been largely influenced by the genre, including her breakout hit Pon De Replay, Rude Boy, Work and Man Down, which was shot in Portland, Jamaica.

Other Entertainment Stories