Unknown Gringo entertaining western fans

March 19, 2019
Unknown Gringo

Montego Bay-based artiste Unknown Gringo delivered scintillating performances at two western region shows recently.

First, he impressed a huge crowd at the Hague Agricultural Show on Ash Wednesday, alongside reggae artiste I-Octane.

“Right now, my stage craft ah grow from strength to strength, big up I-Octane who big me up on my performance, we love the unity and strength inna dancehall and reggae music,” he said.

A few days later, he delivered an emphatic performance at the Britjam All-White show at Tropical Bliss in Montego Bay, St James.

Dressed in a white suit with gold trimmings, and white sneakers with gold laces, he ignited the crowd with his latest hit, Money Factory, and did a series of high jumps that electrified the crowd, to the point where he earned a huge ‘forward’.

Horns filled the air and hands went skywards as he delivered a steady stream of hits such as the dancehall favourite Tank Up, which got a huge ovation from the crowd.

Unknown Gringo’s distinctive, signature hand movements and leaps also got the crowd in a tizzy as he closed his set with the hardcore Brawling Death.

The deejay has been steadily gaining traction in recent months with a raft of hit songs.

The video for Money Factory is racking up thousands of views on YouTube.

“The video was released in February and it is doing very well, big up the producer Shabdon Records. My next project will be Money Machine, featuring Chronic Law, that has over 30,000 views. So, we will be doing a video for that soon,” Unknown Gringo said.

He is also gearing up to release his first EP, Rise of the Unknown Gringo, which will feature seven tracks, some of which will be previously unreleased tracks, in July 2019.

Other Entertainment Stories