'Panty Pig' was a good father - Lilliput in mourning after four perish in crashes

March 13, 2018
'Panty Pig'

One of the last things that Panty Pig did before he died was provide diapers for his seven-month-old baby.

Panty Pig, whose given name is Odane Smith, died on Saturday. Smith, 25, along with Sheldon Hylton, 35, was travelling in a Nissan Tiida motor car along the Elegant Corridor when on reaching the vicinity of the Sangster International Airport, the driver lost control and ran off the road. Hylton and Smith, otherwise called Panty Pig, died on the spot.

"Panty pig was a model father," said the mother of his seven-month-old son Karen Willis. "I was just talking about him, saying he gave away his life."

"He was a good father, he was not an idler. He worked on construction sites as a steel man and was always jovial, always laughing."

According to Willis, she called her babyfather hours before his death to purchase pampers for the baby. He took the money to her, then left.

"While we were not living under the same roof, I notice he was not at his home next door but did make it a major concern as he would normally come home later after spending time with his friends," she said.

Willis says she will have to look to family members for help for her child as she is unemployed.

"I am not working at the moment; I am going to have to depend on my family right now until the baby is older before I can search for work."

Lilliput, the community in which Panty Pig lived, has been plunged into mourning following the deaths of four residents in two separate traffic accidents incidents within 36 hours.

Kevin Mills and Shadrick Robinson died as a result of injuries they sustained in an accident in the vicinity of Hospiten private Hospital on Thursday.

The people, who live in a section of the community called Bamboo Lawn, said the area has lost two of its most productive youngsters, Hylton and Smith.

"They are all working young men," said Kevin Scott whose brother, Astley Brown, survived Saturday morning's accident.

"Except for Smith, who is a steel man, they all work in the hotel sector, but when not at work, they would be chilling together or playing ball," Scott said.

Other News Stories