Bring back the baby! ... Pastor joins call for baby snatcher to return newborn

January 17, 2019
Suzett Whyte, mother of the newborn who was abducted from the Victoria Jubilee Hospital in Kingston last Wednesday.

A minister of religion has made a passionate plea to the person who stole a baby at the Victoria Jubilee Hospital last week to return the child.

"I appeal with all my heart to the persons behind this crime to return the baby," Christopher Johnson, of Dias, Hanover, said in a letter to the editor.

"You can receive forgiveness and there is hope for you if you repent and return the baby. If you are unable to a have a child of your own, you can adopt, you can foster. Child stealing is not the way to go," the pastor added.

Suzett Whyte and Sinclair Hutton were robbed of their newborn son at the hospital on January 9. The baby, a boy, was stolen nine hours after his mother, Whyte, gave birth. She did not even get the chance to take a photograph of her bundle of joy.

The search for the baby has so far been  unsuccessful.

Colleen Wright, CEO of the Kingston Public Hospital and the Victoria Jubilee Hospital, a security breach may be responsible for the incident. As a result, she said that they will be upgrading their system to prevent another occurrence. Johnson said that the hospital must be held fully responsible for the mysterious disappearance of the baby.

"However saying all of that cannot replace the missing baby. I must express my sincere sympathy to the mother and father of the stolen baby. I am praying and fasting earnestly for the return of your baby," the pastor said.

"Bring back the baby now or face divine justice. Return the baby now," he said in his appeal to the thieves.

Other News Stories