Champs 2018: Holmwood is back! - Harriott

March 20, 2018
Harriott

Many-time champions Holmwood Technical are hoping to dethrone defending champions Edwin Allen this week for the girls' title at the ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls' Athletics Championships and one of those athletes, who they are hoping to play an important role is Class One sprinter Michae Harriott.

Harriott will be competing in the 100 and 200 metres and after reporting satisfaction in her preparation coming into Champs, is eyeing the sprint double this week.

"Training has gone well for me this season and I am really excited, as I am injury-free. I am hoping to win the sprint double so I can get enough points to help my team win the overall title," said Harriott.

The sprinter says she is looking to stop the clock in the 11.30 seconds region and is hoping to go below 23 seconds in the longer sprint - times she hopes will land her on the top of the podium.

"I am aiming for at least 11.3 in the 100 and a sub-23 seconds in the 200 metres," said Harriott, who was second in the 200 metres behind the outstanding Kevona Davis at the Digicel Grand Prix finals.

Well aware of her role in helping her school to return to the top of local high school athletics, Harriott is approaching the championships with confidence that they will end the week on top.

"Yes, we can win the title, as we have put in the hard work and we are very focused. We are back and will be in charge because we all have the mindset and as long as we follow the instructions given to us by our coaches, I see no reason why we should not be victorious," Harriott added.

Other Sports Stories