The Ottey X-Factor

April 16, 2018
Allan Ottey

A man who is no stranger to winning in the Red Stripe Premier League, Allan Ottey, having joined Waterhouse FC in January, is looking to bring his championship pedigree and experience to the fore in tonight's return leg semi-final against Arnett Gardens.

Ottey, who won two titles from three finals with his former club Montego Bay United (MBU), could be the X-factor in this evening's clash with the defending champions at the Anthony Spaulding Sports Complex, after they won their first home leg 1-0.

The striker admitted that it's not going to be an easy task beating Arnett in their backyard with the energy of the fans.

"We are going to play them tomorrow in the Jungle and we know it's going to be a hard task down there. I played them there in a semi-final with MBU and it was a battle there with the team, the fans and the whole atmosphere," said Ottey.

"Knowing the rivalry between us, I know it's going to be tough, but one thing I can tell my team is to go out play some football and don't listen to the fan. We just have to focus on winning because we are coming from far (10th place)," he added.

Other Sports Stories