Tuffy eyes return to RSPL

August 09, 2018
Striker Jermain 'Tuffy' Anderson playing for Waterhouse in September 2013 against Boys' Town.

Former Waterhouse striker and local football fan favourite, Jermain 'Tuffy' Anderson, is still a bit unhappy with how his more than eight years love affair with Waterhouse FC ended after his contract with the Drewsland-based club was terminated in the middle of last season.

But despite being out of contract and not playing currently, Anderson is eyeing a return to competitive action when the 2018/2019 football season kicks off next month.

Anderson had led Waterhouse in scoring for seven seasons but after a slow start to the 2017/2018 RSPL season the Drewsland club decided to end their association with the powerful striker.

"I love Waterhouse but the way Waterhouse deal with me I still feel it. Waterhouse, never should have done that, how you must deal with a baller like that, that has kept you on the map. The world saw it," he said.

"But right now I am just waiting on the Almighty to tell me what to do. I see Marcel Gayle recently, he and I used to work, and I run a joke a tell him to leave a space for me still ... I want to call it (retirement) at Waterhouse," added the 39 year old.

"The flamboyant attacker still has his eyes on playing at the highest level locally, and is considering helping Boys' Town in their bid to return to the Premier League. But he is also assessing other options.

POSITIVE VIBES

"I don't know what I am doing as yet. I am not under contract. I am not playing right now. But I will soon be back, some way, some how," he told STAR Sports.

"Andrew Price want to come back up (to the Premier League). So if Boys' Town are showing me positive vibes I will consider it. But my boots cannot hang up, there is none (player) better than me," he stated.

For his detractors who think he should retire, 'Tuffy', argues that the standard of our Premier League is still not very high and that he would have no difficulty continuing his goal scoring exploits.

"I just watched World Cup and I saw 40-odd year-old men scoring goals. Our little league is nothing compare to that and some people are telling you that you must stop play ball. Our premier league is a common league, a man play till him dead or tired of it and move on. There is no money in the league. It's the niceness they are killing out and that's what 'Tuffy' brought to the league. But I will bounce back and let the people start seeing me again," he said.

Other Sports Stories