Confidence booster - Peart pleased with JC improvement

September 20, 2018
Peart
File Norman Campbell of Jamaica College (left) tries to dribble away from Hydel High School's Kevin Johnson in their ISSA/Digicel Manning Cup encounter at the Montego Bay Sports Complex, on Saturday, September 08, 2018. The game ended 1-1.

Andrew Peart, head coach of defending ISSA/Digicel Manning Cup champions Jamaica College (JC), said his team is growing in confidence as the season progresses.

JC, who are seeking their sixth straight hold on the title, have recorded back-to-back wins in the competition, following their 1-1 draw in their opening match against Hydel.

The Old Hope Road-based school, who are coming off a 4-0 win over Kingston Technical on Tuesday, sit atop Group F with seven points, on goal difference ahead of Hydel.

Peart, who was promoted to the post following the departure of Miguel Coley at the end of last season, said his players are much more relaxed now and their aim is to top the group.

"We are improving in each game we play," said Peart. "Playing against Kingston Technical on Tuesday, the players really managed the game well because we controlled possession of the ball and created scoring opportunities," he said.

"We were also able to limit the amount of chances that Kingston Technical get against us and so overall, I think we are improving steadily," Peart said.

Peart, who is also the head coach of Red Stripe Premier League outfit UWI, added that his players are much more focused now, following their opening game draw against Hydel two weeks ago.

"The confidence in the team growing because each game that we win, the players are looking much better and I like what I am seeing from them," said Peart, whose team is set to face Campion in their first home match of the season tomorrow.

"Our objective is to top the group and we play Campion College on Friday at home, and we want to put on a good showing for our school community because this would be our first home game this season," he said.

The Dark Blues will be led by Norman Campbell, Shaniel Thomas, Javain Thompson and Richard Thompson.

Other Sports Stories