Cedricka looking to set early pace

March 18, 2019
Members of the Holmwood Technical High School Girls athletics team go through a stretch routine at a recent practice session.
Members of Holmwood Technical Girls athletics team at a practice session on the school’s playing field.

At the 2019 ISSA/GraceKennedy Boys and Girls’ Athletics Championships, Cedricka Williams will be one of several defending champions for Holmwood Technical High School after winning the Class Three discus throw last year.

And she is oozing with confidence that she will be able to retain her title. She has been the best in her class all season, consistently throwing over 44 metres, and she is hoping to go even further at Champs.

”My preparation for Champs has been going very well as I have been training very hard this year, working well with my coaches, and believing in what they tell me. I expect to go out at Champs and execute well and give the points my team will need to win Champs,” she said.

Although she is the defending champion, she is not taking anything for granted”. Yes, I am the defending champion, but I will not take anything for granted as the other girls from other schools have also been training hard and they are coming to win and I will be the target here as I am the champion but this will be a big motivating factor for me because I cannot afford to lose in my second year in the class,” she said.

She is hoping that her success will help to inspire the team as her event will be early in the competition.

Other Sports Stories