I sleep with men to take care of my sick dad

by

December 06, 2017

Dear Pastor,

I need your advice. I am so confused and stressed out. I have been sleeping with different guys to get money to take care of my father and myself. I want to stop and settle down, but it is so hard because I'm poor and my dad's expenses are high. I am working, but I am only getting $6,200 weekly. I have bills that cost me $10,000 weekly.

My father got me when he was old, and I am the only child he has. He is 73 years old. He has sugar, high blood pressure and poor circulation, etc. Most times the hospitals don't have his medication so I have to buy them. I am 25 years old, and I am so stressed and fed up. It is like the world is coming down on me. I want to stop having sex with all these guys because I don't want to get myself killed or get any sickness from them.

I can't further my education because all my money is spent on my dad. I need a better job, but I can't get one. I don't have the experience or the qualifications that the jobs require. Sometimes I feel sorry I was born because I have to be doing what I am doing to survive, and I hate myself for doing that. I tried to get help from Food for the Poor, but I was not successful. I am all alone. I don't have friends because they failed me, so I stay by myself and cry and hope things will be better for me. But it is only getting worse each day.

One of the guys wants a baby, but I can't. He is the one who gives me the most money. I don't love him, and I can't get pregnant in this situation that I am in.

Please, I am waiting on your response.

Initials Withheld.

Dear Initials Withheld,

I regret hearing that your father is not well, that you are struggling to support him, and that the way you are doing so is by prostituting yourself. It is evident that you love your father. I believe that the Good Lord is able to help you. Be very careful. I will try my best to help you to get a better job. In the meantime, please pray, read your Bible, and go to church. God is not dead.

You have the desire to change. God will give you the victory. All of God's people will be praying for you.

Pastor.

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories