Wish I could help my grandparents financially

by

March 19, 2018

Dear Pastor,

I must first say you are doing a great job. I am 21 years old and I live in the United States. I moved from Jamaica three years ago because of different reasons.

My father, who moved here first, wanted me to live with him. But because of school purposes, I couldn't. I am in my final year in school, and I could not be happier.

Life is not what I had expected, but I cope with it for the most part. I am a full-time student and I work two jobs. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I manage.

Please pray for me, pastor, because I want to give up sometimes. I make enough money to send myself to school but not enough to support myself and my grandparents who live in Jamaica, and it is killing me inside.

They raised me and I want to give them whatever they want but I cannot. I feel so worthless, and feel like I am ungrateful. You know, even though they know you are going to school, they are still looking for something.

I want to thank God for my boyfriend who still lives in Jamaica and supports me fully. He may not have the money, but he encourages me to do my best.

I am doing very well in college, and I am even proud of myself.

Please pray for me. I need your advice. Am I ungrateful?

S.W.

Dear S.W.,

I am glad to hear that you are a good student and that you are not playing around. Your grandparents will be proud of you.

Thank God your dad did his best to get you to the US to further your studies; and if that is the only thing that he is able to do, give God thanks.

My prayers are with you. May God give you the strength to work hard and may He keep you in good health.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories