I want to stop being gay

by

May 11, 2018

Dear Pastor,

I am a 17-year-old boy who reads your publication week after week, and I really need every help you can offer to me concerning the paragraph below. I hope God will continue to bless you for your good work and advice.

I am having severe problems coping with masturbation, but I don't know if it's because I still have a gay problem. I just love men. I have done a lot of freaky things to both men and boys.

Pastor, I need your help. God bless you.

Gay Man.

Dear Gay Man,

I suggest that you do not condemn yourself because you engage in masturbation. It is not only gay people who masturbate. Many straight people masturbate, too. In fact, many married people engage in the practice, both males and females. And masturbation is not a habit that one can easily break.

Some folks get annoyed with me because when people talk to me about being homosexual and they say they want to stop that type of lifestyle, I try to tell them that I believe with the help of God anything is possible. There is nothing that God cannot do. And many homosexuals have testified that after committing themselves wholly to Christ, they do not engage in homosexual behaviour anymore.

Some folks may say I am naive, but nothing is impossible with God. Therefore, I would suggest that you make an appointment to see a psychologist who will work with you. Also, that you give your life fully over to Christ and trust Him for your deliverance.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories