My girlfriend gets horny when she smokes weed

February 18, 2019

Dear Pastor,

I am 19 years old, and I must ask you, as a father, if drugs can turn young people on to having sex. My girlfriend is 21 years old, and she smokes weed. Every time she is around me and she smokes, she wants us to have sex. Even if I don't want to do it, she forces me, and I know that she is not behaving as if she is normal. Sometimes she becomes loud. I have my own room at my grandmother's house, and sometimes when she comes, my grandmother knows she is there. My grandmother does not say anything because she likes her. But when she smokes, she can behave in a violent manner.

Pastor, right now, I am worried because she came to the house and was smoking. I had a draw or two, but I fell asleep because I was tired. In the middle of the night, she woke me up and told me that I must do my duty. I told her that we were out of condoms, but she cursed and said that nothing was going to happen. I had sex with her. When I discharged, she still wanted more. Now she is saying that she missed her period.

I don't know what to do. But I am not ready to be a father, and she is not ready to be a mother either because she is still in training. I told her that she should get some help because she is addicted to drugs, but she can't see that.

Some of my friends told me that some women love to smoke before they have sex because it helps them. I know my girlfriend is like that because I have seen it. Do you know if that is really true?

D.L.

Dear D.L.,

I know that when people are on drugs and they are not able to purchase the drugs they want to satisfy their desire, they may steal, sell their bodies and do illegal things to obtain money to satisfy their habits.

Some people have said that smoking ganja, or using weed generally, can enhance one's sexual performance, but it is also said that that is temporary. If one continues to use drugs, it can harm them.

My personal study on the matter has shown that young people who engage in the use of marijuana have sex more frequently and seem to be more open to talking about it.

I am afraid that your girlfriend needs professional help and might be smoking too much ganja. But please understand that I am not condemning her for using ganja, I am only saying that perhaps the time has come for her to seek professional help for the way she conducts herself generally. I am afraid that if she does not try to seek help, she may find herself wanting harder drugs.

I also hope that she is not pregnant, but if she is, she should carry the pregnancy.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories