I allowed my husband to get my friend pregnant

April 26, 2019

Dear Pastor,

I am almost 40 years old, and I have been married for 12 years. I do not have children. I have been to many doctors, but none has been able to help me. My husband and I love each other, but I allowed him to go out and get a girl pregnant. This girl was my friend. I thought I could deal with it, but when he got her pregnant, I became very jealous, and she and I are not close friends anymore.

When I realised that she was pregnant, I cried for days. My husband told me that it was just a short relationship that they had. He had sex with her, then she got pregnant, and he couldn't believe it. He had sex with her a few other times while she was pregnant. But because of my reaction, he stopped having sex with her.

I believe that sometimes, my husband is still doing it with her. I help my husband to support the child, and the child calls me aunty. Both the mother and I are teaching at the same school. And recently, my husband has been having a relationship with a young girl who is just in her 20s, and she has a baby for him.

I plan to adopt a child. My husband says I should just take the child that he has with my friend. My husband has changed so much. Even now, when I cry, he gets upset, but I can't help it. My co-workers do not know that the child that my friend has is my husband's child. A word from you would be appreciated.

P.L.

Dear P.L.,

I am sorry that you do not have children. You made a big mistake by encouraging your husband to go outside of the married and get another person pregnant. I do understand how jealous you feel. Your friend was able to get a child by your husband, and nothing has happened between your husband and yourself.

I hope your husband will stop fooling around now. He has fathered two children. I hope that he will see now that it is affecting you. And I hope that he will agree for you to adopt a child. It will indeed help you emotionally and psychologically. Life can be cruel at times, and it has been cruel to you, but read your Bible, and don't give up on life.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories