Mom’s boyfriend put lustful words to me

April 26, 2019

Dear Pastor,

I always read your section in T he STAR, and I think you are doing a good job. I applaud you for that. I am now 22 years old, married and living with my husband, and pregnant.

Now my problem is with my mother. She raised me and my five siblings as a single mother, and she did a great job. When I was 15, she started to date a man who we thought we could trust, until he started to put lustful words to me. I told my mom, and she beat me because she did not believe me.

It hurt me so much that I told her I hated her, but I have forgiven her. Growing up, I saw other men with good intentions. She refused to be with them, and she has stayed with a man who is not working, doesn't support the household financially, and is always robbing her and blaming us. She believes him over us.

Now that I'm an adult, I confronted her about this man, and she got upset and ran me out of her house and said that the man was not doing anything to us. What should I do, Pastor?

D.S.

Dear D.S.

You did what is right. I am not surprised that your mother beat you because you complained about the behaviour of this man. Many young girls have been beaten by their mothers after complaining about the sexual abuse of stepfathers. Your mother either did not know better or was just stupid enough to believe that this man would never approach you for sex.

She has asked you to leave her house, and you have left. You have the right attitude. You still love her. Pray that one day, she may come to her senses and leave this man.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories