Trying to be a faithful boyfriend

August 08, 2019

Dear Pastor,

I am a regular reader of your column and I would like to tell you about my experience. I am 18 years old and I find it very hard to be a faithful boyfriend.

I don't know if it's because I'm young and I should be free or what, but I feel it's not right to cheat. I have six girlfriends but I only need one, and to be honest, I don't want to hurt any of them.

They all say they love me and I love them too, but I really love only one. I went to her house and we talked and laughed and I really wanted to tell her, but then I could see that she really did love me.

Pastor, I'm really confused because the other five that I started to flirt with know by now that she and I are together.

I only need one but I don't know how to tell the others that I can't do this. Please, help me, pastor.

H.P.

Dear H.P.,

Be a real man and tell the other girls that you can be a social friend because there are six of them that you have been friendly with, but you have chosen one.

And that one is going to be your intimate friend. You can give all the girls her name and tell them that they could always call her and ask her if indeed she is the fortunate one.

You can also call each of them when you are with this special girl and have her talk to them.

You say that these girls know about her, but you should confirm what they suspect.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories