Poor customer service at health centre

January 24, 2020

Dear Pastor,

Greetings to you and your wonderful staff, Happy New Year to you all. I visited the Catherine Hall Health Centre in Montego Bay recently for my daughter's clinic appointment, and a particular nursing assistant was very rude to me.

Pastor, these people need to operate and deal with people with respect. They need training, and they need someone to hold them accountable for their actions.

It is a disgrace to see how they deal with another human being. I am a service provider and I deal with many customers on a daily basis and no matter how rude they are to me, I never disrespect any of them. I am a mother and I need my job, so I conduct myself in a decent way.

I do understand that health-care personnel do work under pressure; so do I, and so do countless of other Jamaicans. It does not give us any right to disrespect and belittle each other.

How will we grow as a people if we continue to be prejudiced? How can we move forward as a people? The black man is always the one to tear down his own. When will this stop?

Pastor, keep up the good work. God bless.

P.A.

Dear P.A.,

When you went to the clinic and you were not happy with the service you received, you should have reported the nurse to her supervisor.

No one should tolerate the insults that we often hear about that patients and other members of the public receive. Thank you for raising the matter and I hope that those in authority would deal with such matters.

Pastor

Other Tell Me Pastor Stories