My abuser’s family put me out of the house

December 07, 2021

Dear Pastor,

I greet you in the mighty name of Jesus. I have been wanting to write to you for the longest while, but I have just found the courage to do so. I have been a victim of domestic abuse for over 10 years now. This year was the final straw, and I pressed charges against my abuser (my children's father). Since then, I have received notice from his family to vacate the premises as of July of this year. I have been staying with a lady since, however, she can only accommodate us until the end of this month. I have to find somewhere else to go.

The reason for writing is to seek help in securing a permanent place for my children and me to live. If there is anyone out there who can render assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.


Dear M.,

I would suggest that you seek advice from a lawyer. If this house belongs to the man, then he cannot run you out without compensating you. However, if the property belongs to his family, that is a different matter. But I would say seek the advice of a lawyer, and I hope that whatever happens you will receive maintenance for your children. God be with you.


Other Tell Me Pastor Stories